Happy Fall! Roger and I recently spent a week in one of the most majestic places on Earth- Telluride, Colorado. Surrounded by mountains over 12,000 feet truly can take your breath away! We hiked, took in the sights and basked in the spectacular scenery and natural beauty of the Rocky Mountains. Something happens spontaneously when we deeply immerse ourselves in nature. Within a short time, our souls were singing (along with John Denver's Greatest Hits on CD) and our spirits were rejuvenated!
We got what we needed and then some! An added bonus was a two day retreat led by my brother Todd. With the theme "KEEP CLIMBING," it was an opportunity to step back from our everyday routine, ask ourselves some great questions, reflect and go deep along with 65 passionate fitness and health/wellness pros.
Some of my KEEP CLIMBING Retreat Take Aways....
- When we come together, we realize that we all have DREAMS & FEARS.
- Don't allow your fears to prevent you from following your dreams!
- We're all more alike than we are different.
- We all have challenges and mountains to climb.
- There will be peaks at times to enjoy and sometimes valleys to endure.
- But we gotta Keep Climbing!
- And Never Give Up!
- Sometimes a setback is a set-up for a comeback.
- We don't have to do it alone.
- Perseverance. Grit. Resilience.
- We're stronger than we ever imagined.
As we approach the 5th Anniversary of Superstorm Sandy, I'm reflecting on how far we've recovered as a community.
The Jersey Shore was devastated on October 29th, 2012 and that's something I will never forget.
But I'll also always remember how people came together. We were knocked down and together we got back up. We're climbing that mountain together. Little by little, and still recovering....we're coming back stronger!
Jersey is S.T.R.O.N.G! Starting. To. Realize. Our. Natural. Greatness! Be grateful for the peaks and the valleys....