That's the big takeaway-lesson I learned twenty years ago trekking in the Himalayas. I brought it hOMe with me and try to remember to carry it with me everyday.
It was the realization of a dream traveling to Nepal and turned out being a spiritual pilgrimage and life changing experience. I trained for months preparing for the physical demands of hiking 10 plus miles a day and sleeping in tents at high altitudes without electric and plumbing.
But nothing could prepare me for going off the grid and meeting the Nepalese people. Kind-hearted. Sweet. Grateful. Simple. Reverent. Happy. Present.
I learned a lot as I put one foot in front of the other, moment by moment, day after day....
- We have to simplify to amplify.
- We have to train our eyes to see what surrounds us.
- Gratitude can change our lives from black & white to technicolor.
- Gratitude is not a thought- it's a felt sense.
- Gratitude is a verb and evokes emotion.
- When our hearts are overflowing with appreciation- we feel joyful and happy.
- Gratitude should be prescribed: daily dose Vitamin G- more is better!
- Gratitude is one of the strongest energetic forces in the Universe and has the power to open our hearts, heal us and transform our lives.
- Gratitude is a first class ticket to living in the Miracle zone.
Mary Davis said it best: "Through the eyes of GRATITUDE, EVERYTHING is a MIRACLE!"