Several years ago, Roger and I traveled to Bali, Indonesia where we were mesmerized with the beautiful people and culture and their overwhelming sense of appreciation, hospitality, simplicity and fulfillment. It awakened in us a desire to be more grateful. Simplify and enjoy life's little pleasures. Honor and appreciate, simple abundance. It's been an ongoing practice since.
- It gives us energy.
- It elevates positivity and optimism.
- It makes us feel enlivened.
- It's one of the BEST most life affirming habits you can practice.
- It's simply the best medicine. And it's FREE!
How do you start cultivating more gratitude?
Train your eyes to notice and see what surrounds you.
- It's the simple everyday things.
- Recognize and savor the small stuff.
- Notice the sky, the trees, the beauty that surrounds you.
- Simply take it in and hold onto it for 20 seconds.
- This can change your mindset and biology.
Acknowledge and appreciate what you do have already.
We're often more focused on what we don't have. It's the never enough, scarcity-mindset syndrome, that we can easily get sucked into. Not enough time. Not enough money. Not enough this and not enough that is a slippery slope.
Instead, show and speak appreciation for all your blessings...big and small.
"Gratitude is not easy. It's not something that comes naturally, but has to be worked at. It has to be cultivated. It goes far beyond saying 'thank you.' It's deeper than that. It can be a really fundamental way of viewing life, an orientation toward life itself."
- Robert Emmons
Enjoy this beautiful harvest season. Look for the good stuff. May you recognize your blessings and may your heart be overflowing with gratitude!